- Waterfront Bicycles: downtown near Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Rents road, hybrid, tandem, silly tourist surreys, claim 100+ bikes.
- Kerr Bikes: downtown in Tom McCall Waterfront Park, just north of Hawthorne Bridge (at Salmon Street). Tons of goofy surreys and tourist bikes, plus normal bikes, tandems, kids bikes.
- A Better Cycle. Inner SE. Brands:
- A Convenient Cycle. Bicycle convenience store, inner eastside.
- Bike Central Co-Op. Downtown. Brands:
- Bike N' Hike: 3 locations in Portland. Brands: Electra, Giant, Scott, Haro.
- Bike Gallery: 6 locations. Brands: Co-Motion, Electra, Gary Fisher, Kona, LeMond, Orbea, Parlee, Santa Cruz, Signal, Serotta, Trek.
- Citybikes co-op, 2 locations. Rentals, used bikes plus new. Brands: Jamis, KHS, Surly, Biria.
- Community Cycling Center, non-profit, sells refurbished bicycles.
- Coventry Cycle Works, inner southeast. Recumbents.
- Crank, inner southeast. Brands: Redline, others.
- Fat Tire Farm: NW Portland, mountain bikes! Brands: Eastern, Giant, Ibis, Kona, Santa Cruz, Specialized, Turner. Great place to meet for riding/hiking into Washington Park.
- Performance Bicycle: 4 locations in Portland, national chain. Online ordering too.
- Recyclery: Four locations. Used bikes and rentals.
- REI: 4 locations in Portland; Seattle based chain. Brands:
- Revolver Bikes: N Portland. Brands: Breezer, Electra, Marin, Rocky Mountain, Surly, Traitor Cycles. Custom assemblies available.
- River City Bicycles: inner eastside. Brands: Bianchi, Cannondale, Cervelo, Cielo, Gary Fisher, Raleigh, Salsa, Santana.
- Veloshop: Downtown. Recycles, mostly for bike messengers?
Most shops have a bike pump available. Those that don't should be listed on the wiki to shame them. Having said that, the following shops are ones that offer special help and such.
- Bike Farm - bicycle repair and education collective at MLK and Wygant Street.
- Kerr Bikes - rental shop in Tom McCall Waterfront Park, has a "U-Fix-It Bike Station" for repairs: lifts, pumps, tools. Open during business hours (April-September, approximately 11-8pm, good weather only).
- PSU Bike Hub: Bicycle co-op (repair-it-yourself), only for Portland State University faculty and students. $30/year, small retail area.