- Date: Saturday, May 5, 2012
- Time: 1:00pm until 6:00pm
- Location: First Unitarian Church of Portland Oregon - 1211 SW Main Street, Portland, OR 97205
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Occupy Portland’s Labor Solidarity Committee invites all people to join us in a Community Assembly to create a people’s budget that works for all of us. Our intention is to launch a campaign and action plan to achieve a city budget and spending proposal that addresses the primary concerns we all share, such as jobs, no cuts to services, housing, transportation, health care, education, etc. We plan to outreach to labor unions, community groups, Occupy, and the broader 99% to join us in a fightback against the planned city cuts to essential services, while putting forth a budget for the 99%.
Why do some observers compare the collapse of neoliberal capitalism to the collapse of the Soviet Union?
“The collapse of the Soviet system was a pretty extraordinary event, and we are currently experiencing something similar in the developed world, without fully realizing what’s happening.”
- Main Info Page
- Facebook Pages
- Downloadable Flyers
- ↑ George Soros on the Coming U.S. Class War