Gin is a type of distilled alcohol spirit.
It is mostly known for its use in the traditional martini, where it is the dominant flavor. It exists as one of the main categories of well drinks that are available where hard alcohol can be purchased. Like beer, the distillation process involves the extensive use of outside flavorings. The flavor mostly attributed to gin is a flavoring from the juniper berry. It is a type of pine tree, hence the woody taste.
Portland is locally proud of the gins made in this town, and have a certain following for it.
- 12 Bridges (Integrity Spirits)
- Aviation (House Spirits)
- Cricket (Indio Spirits)
- Penney's (Edgefield Spirits)
- Pink Spruce (Rogue)
- Ransom (Ransom Spirits)
- Spruce (Rogue)
- Vintner's (Edgefield Spirits)
Not to be missed, are these Oregon gins.
- Broker's London Dry (Hood River Distillery)
- Cascade Mountain Gin (Bendistillery)
- Organic Nation Gin (Organic Nation)